Shifting Your Focus to Optimizing GTM Performance and Revenue Results
If you are already executing ABM campaigns and programs, your focus should shift to how you can optimize GTM performance and revenue results. But, as 60% of SMB and enterprise teams are seeing longer sales cycles, lower deal sizes, greater discounting and higher churn, the focus has turned to scaling ABM.
Teams should be looking at the interactions they are having with new and existing accounts as well as the experiences that are being delivered to human buyers in key accounts. If we are having the wrong interactions it does not matter how much you scale ABM. Teams will still see similar results and end up with accounts going dark, longer sales cycles, lower deal sizes, weaker GRR (retention revenue) and NRR (expansion revenue).
Watch this video to see how a focus on scaling ABM can limit revenue growth!
Before You Scale Your ABM Program, You Need to Find Out What’s Working and What’s Not. Read How Our Clients Accelerated Their ABM Programs and Their Revenue Growth…
Call Center Conversation AI Firm Was Challenged with Driving Stage Progression
Uniphore came to Personal ABM because they were building a pipeline of accounts using Demandbase but they were challenged with accounts going dark after initial engagement because there was limited alignment with tier 1 banks they wanted to win.
For example, one of the banks had a huge IT team that developed, integrated, and is now expanding the capabilities of its own AI virtual assistant system (Erica). Awareness and generic “consideration” content and messaging will not move this account forward. Our client needed to show:
- The gaps in the bank’s current system and how it’s creating challenges in the use cases that our client focuses on: collections, complaints management, and compliance.
- Their understanding of the bank’s strategic vision, product road map, the desires of the 8 different lines of business and the impact they can have on the bank.
- Why the bank should outsource vs. spend time and resources on having their internal team build the infrastructure and implement the changes.
Digital Asset Management Firm Continues Growth Journey As Planned
Digizuite came to Personal ABM wanting stronger pipeline growth with their existing ABM program to fuel 4X revenue growth over a 4-year period. However, after reviewing the business, we saw that the real issues didn’t lie with the pipeline as the firm faced heavy discounting pressures from competitors like Bynder and they continually lost enterprise deals to trusted legacy platforms like Sitecore and Adobe.
GTM teams focused on marketing departmental pain points just like their competitors, so they were not able to drive engagement across the organization. They failed to teach to differentiate and show target accounts how Bynder, legacy platforms and other competitors do not integrate into the enterprise organization even though Forrester and Gartner reports show that most DAMS are under-utilized and are not leveraged outside of marketing. They didn’t show gaps and impacts across marketing, advertising, PR, eCommerce, sales, operations, customer service, CX, account management, finance and business leadership teams.
Apptricity Wins Largest Deal Sizes Ever with Enterprises Like Verizon
Even though marketing leadership repositioned the company and its solutions and they put an ABM program in place, the company was challenged to break into and win large enterprise accounts. They were challenged to make their new positioning, messaging and content relevant to target accounts, their strategic priorities and the human buyers within those accounts.
By looking at the interactions across the complete buyer’s journey and realigning the firm with its target enterprise customers, Apptricity was able to create a buying vision with some of the largest Fortune companies and government organizations in the world.
A Facility Management Company Wants to Reach $1B Market Share By 2030!
OpenWorks came to Personal ABM because they have the aggressive growth goal of reaching $1B market share by 2030 and despite having an ABM program in place with another firm, they consistently missed quarterly and yearly goals as teams were only engaging facility managers vs. VPs and the C-suite. They were only getting 1 to 3 locations vs. regional and national accounts.
They did not have the right KPIs, processes and content in place to engage VPs, COOs and CFOs that did not put a focus on facility management as it’s only 2%-5% of the total budget. They also failed to identify their true ICP – organizations like food manufacturers, healthcare manufacturers and 3PLs/4PLs that have different types of locations with their own nuances and cannot afford to take a blanket approach to commercial cleaning as it adds operational, financial and governmental regulatory risk.
Scaling ABM would not have accelerated ABM revenue results.
Before You Accelerate Your ABM Program, We Need to Dive Deep Into Your Data to Uncover What’s Limiting Your ABM Success! We Need to See Where Your GTM is Broken!
- How accurately can you predict and forecast revenue for the next 2 quarters?
- Do sales/marketing processes, KPIs, etc., align with revenue goals and the executive strategy?
- What does the current pipeline look like – and where do the challenges lie? Do you have the ICP right?
- What’s keeping tier 1 accounts from entering the pipeline?
- How is the team attracting status quo accounts that can bring the highest deal sizes?
- Are sales/marketing relevant across all channels?
- What is the % of accounts going dark – and why are they unresponsive?
- Are sales having the right interactions?
- Do sales have the content they need for selling conversations and internal conversations they are not part of?
- Are your competitors winning more market share?
- What intelligence are the teams using to have the right interactions?
- Are sales and marketing aligning to persona pain points vs. strategic needs?
- How does the team multi-thread, what’s keeping teams from going upmarket?
- Are the teams winning, and where are they losing? Why are there challenges in creating urgency?
- Why are accounts getting stuck – and how do we need to unstick them?
- What is the average deal size, and what needs to be done to increase this by 2X or 3X?
- Is heavy discounting and feature wars eroding your value prop?
- Why are teams struggling to move from selling and marketing products and toward a platform?
- 82% of b2b customers are indifferent, disengaged, or are actively looking to replace a provider. What accounts are indifferent? What accounts are disengaged? Which ones are at risk of leaving? Why are accounts disengaged, indifferent or at risk?
- How do we need to change the perceptions of accounts that are indifferent? How can we help these accounts see the impact that your company had on their company?
- What is the engagement level after the deal is closed? How can sales, marketing and customer success teams stay engaged with VPs and the C-suite?
- How do we quickly need to change customer success interactions and experiences to protect at-risk accounts?
- How in synch are your sales, marketing and customer success teams?
- Can your customers quantify their ROI at renewal time?
- Is churn killing your business?
- How much margin growth are you leaving on the table with tier 1 accounts? How do we need to change the relationship and buying behavior of key tier 1 accounts?
- How much wallet share do you have with key accounts? What’s keeping the teams from winning across the organization or across regions? What’s keeping the team from selling across the portfolio once the account sees value?
- How are sales, marketing and customer success teams losing engagement with key decision makers or failing to continue multi-threading once the deal is signed?
- Are sales, marketing and customer success teams having the right conversations and experiences and are they telling the right stories to drive expansion?
What Happens After We Uncover the “Red” in the Business That Will Limit ABM Growth
You will get a full report and presentation identifying “where” and “why” there are revenue leaks and challenges with your existing ABM program.
We create your accelerated ABM roadmap and start putting together the processes, strategies, messaging and content that will be needed to drive greater account-based growth.
If you commit to driving change in your GTM, we’ll provide ongoing account-based enablement that will help you further accelerate and scale ABM growth.
Want Support For Your Current ABM Program?
Let’s talk ABM and see how our ABM acceleration program can help you win, protect and expand higher-value deals with key enterprise accounts. We want to help you become part of the 33% of programs that outperform in delivering business outcomes.
During our call we’ll discuss…
- NYour current ABM program and what’s working and what’s not.
- NYour business goals
- NYour revenue challenges
- NThe steps you should take next to accelerate your ABM program.
- NOur personal account-based approach that drives stage progression, improves win rates and increases deal sizes for clients.
After you fill out the form, we will email you with the next steps, our availability for your ABM strategy call, and additional ABM resources to review before we talk.