Leigh Chesley (former CMO and now CCO at Longbow Advantage) says ABM is a business growth strategy and an organizational approach — not a technology, which is why she’s investing in building the foundation before investing in ABM tech like 6sense, Terminus, Demandbase and others. During the podcast below, Kristina Jaramillo (President of Personal ABM), Eric Gruber (CEO of Personal ABM) and Leigh discuss:
- How ABM should be an organizational decision and not a tech decision
- How technology is only amplifying issues that are keeping accounts from getting to revenue
- How a focus on technology and digital ads led to an under-performing program for a large enterprise competitor of JDA/BlueYonder
- How sales and marketing at Longbow Advantage are working together to get accounts to revenue.
Listen to the ABM Done Right Podcast Below and Then Scroll Down for Related ABM Resources:
Related ABM Resources:
- CMO Alliance Podcast: Think Before You Buy ABM Tech – In this podcast, Kristina Jaramillo shares how CMOs are setting themselves up for long-term failure if they’re building their ABM strategy around tech, rather than the core principles of ABM.
- CMO Alliance Article – How Many CMOs Are Getting ABM Wrong By Making It All About ABM Tech – In this article, Kristina Jaramillo shares how ABM & the ABM tech stack should be viewed, how the ABM tech stack is not “fit” for ABM’s purpose and how CMOs can better leverage their ABM tech stack.
- ABM Done Right Podcast – ABM Should Not Be Synonymous with ABM – You’ll hear how ABM’s diluted definition is creating challenges for a channel sales technology firm that wants to accelerate growth fast after recent funding. You’ll see why the channel sales tech firm is not able to penetrate the 60% of the market that is stuck in the status quo, consistently win multi-year, $70K per year deals and why they are continually losing to Salesforce.